A plague of tribbles?
About the world
The (known) world has three major land masses.
The largest, approximately 60% of the continental mass, is a single piece containing five major players.
- Thayrus – a monotheistic theocracy. Very aggressive toward outsiders. Controls the eastern side of the landmass.
- Aelius – another monotheistic culture, ruled by noble lineage annointed by their god. Their culture is more open to outsiders, and they are non-aggressive. They control the southwestern section of the continent.
- Vrgosh – the dwarves rule the mountains and passes protecting the western side of the continent from the Thayran. They are isolationist.
- Apshira – a blasted, wild wasteland occupying the north. The organized occupants of this area tend toward tribal and clan organizations, although infrequently large raiding parties do form.
- The Hllavic Confederacy – the western shores of the continent are a conglomeration of city-states which formed mutual protection pacts from the Apshiran raiding parties.